Hi John,

> /Why/ in the world would you write a web app with RoR to be run locally
> on several users' machines that connects to one central database? I
> hate to be blunt, but that's just kinda dumb.
>
> Considering you already need a central server to run the database on,
> just run the web app from a central server as well. Then all these
> questions about upgrading the app on the users' machines, who should
> run `rake db:migrate`, etc. kinda take care of themselves.

[As I slap my forehead in astonishment, I say:]  because I never
thought of that.  It's my first Rails application and this thread has
helped me see my way through a bunch of development issues.  You just
added one more (much needed) clarification.

Thank you very much for weighing in with that observation.

Yours truly,
Richard