On Dec 20, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Uma Geller wrote:
> I'd like to know if there exists a ruby standard specification or, at
> least, a ruby tech book. I'm interested in the language itself. I'm
> not
> going to program in Ruby, if not to test its "mechanics".

Dave Thomas's "Programming Ruby" book contains a fairly concise,
technical description of the language.  I haven't seen anything
comparable anywhere else.  There's an online copy of an early version
of the book; here's a link to the language-reference chapter

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/language.html

Cheers,

Tom