On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:21:27 -0000, Greg Donald <gdonald / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/19/06, Mark Dodwell <seo / mkdynamic.co.uk> wrote:
>> But when I issue 'require 'tidy'' (in my rails 'script/console') it
>> reports false, as if it isn't installed.
>
> Don't you have to have libtidy installed in addition to the gem?

Yes, but that would have caused a failure at the 'Building native
extensions' phase of the gem install?

The false result the OP is seeing means that either tidy was already
required, or an (old?) gems bug has reared it's head. Generally, I find it
best to ignore the return value from Kernel#require, since it will throw a
LoadError if the library cannot be loaded. In this case, I suspect the
library is loading just fine, despite the 'false' return from require.

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk