Paul Lutus wrote:
> djlewis wrote:
>
> > Any thoughts on how to do this in Ruby?
>
> IMHO this isn't really a good application for Ruby directly. Better to
> interface with a library dedicated to this purpose. Which reduces Ruby's
> role to that of a simple script to submit files to a native-code conversion
> library.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry if I did not make myself clear.

So, I'm just looking for advice and leads to ways -- libraries, command
lines, scripting interfaces, whatever -- to do that in Windows, ways
ideally are already used by Ruby developers (so this lazy and novice
Ruby developer can see how they did it ;-)).  The dbPowerAmp dll looked
promising, but seems to have a mysterious glitch that nobody here or at
Illustrate has yet commented upon.

Thanks. --David.