ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Rob Sanheim wrote:
>
> > As others have pointed out, and I mentioned in a thread I started just on
> > the faq, its poorly publicized, out of date, and is easily confused with the
> > short (basically unhelpful) rubycentral.com faq.  Fixing these issues could
> > go a long way towards cutting off some of the newbie questions.
>
> is it me, or are others also thinking that a thread complaining about
> experienced users evaporating that also aims to reduce newbie posts might just
> succeed in reducing the volume on ruby-talk to zero?
>
> ;-)

now ara, why'd you have to go and curse us like that ;-)

no, seriously, it doesn't help us to try to ignore it if its happening.
and it seems enough people have noticed. maybe there is nothing to be
done about it, but condsider if the trend continues....

so i think it's important to at least try to understand the trend --it
may well mean a great deal to the future of what has long been THE
PLACE for the english-speaking ruby community.

t.