On 12/19/06, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2006, at 7:52 AM, Jeremy McAnally wrote:
[snip]
> > P.S. - It would also be mildly entertaining to have an auto-answer FAQ
> > bot that parsed the language of a message and if it could decently
> > figure out what they're saying, post an answer pointing  to a
> > (currently non-existent) Ruby FAQ...
>
> As has been pointed out, we do have an FAQ.
>
> I feel a bot like this hurts the community interaction.  Answers are
> best let to the users, in my opinion.
>
> James Edward Gray II

As others have pointed out, and I mentioned in a thread I started just
on the faq, its poorly publicized, out of date, and is easily confused
with the short (basically unhelpful) rubycentral.com faq.  Fixing
these issues could go a long way towards cutting off some of the
newbie questions.

- Rob