--------------010808000809040601020109

I've got a theory that I hope someone familiar with the deep recesses of
Ruby's internals can confirm or deny.

According to the API, obj.is_a?     "Returns true if /class/ is the
class of /obj/, or if /class/ is one of the superclasses of /obj/ or
modules included in /obj/."
For the purpose of this question, the only part I'm concerned with is
"Returns true if /class/ is the class of /obj/", so let's ignore the rest.//

My theory is that Ruby is simply returning the result of...

@my_obj.class.object_id Klass.object_id

when I do...

@my_obj.is_a?(Klass)

(Don't forget we're ignoring the superclass and module stuff it does).

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I'd also appreciate a hint pointing me to where I could have dredged up
the answer to this one on my own.   Thanks, and happy holidays!

--------------010808000809040601020109--