On Sun, 2001-10-21 at 18:49, Robert Feldt wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Maik Schmidt wrote:
> > > Did anybody check out this new cool VM that will created for the next
> > > generation of Perl (and maybe for Python, too). It is called Parrot
> > > and you can find anything about it under www.parrotcode.org. The VM
> > > was built with dynamic scripting languages like Perl, Python, Tcl and
> > > Ruby in mind and its architecture is very interesting in my opinion,
> > > because it is not stack-oriented, but works as a hardware CPU does.
> >
> > Parrot, the lower-level half of Perl 6.x, is designed Perl in mind, with
> > some vague pythonishness if you smoke a J before looking at it.
> >
> Yes, thats my impression also from reading the design docs att
> parrotcode.org.

Parrot used to be much less Pythonish until Guido and other python folks
started to talk to the parrot folk.  I would think that having ruby
aware people on the parrot mailing list would help make parrot more ruby
like.  Currently the developers are working on the object registers of
the parrot VM, so this would probably be a good time to go and look,
then speak up.

-pate