Hi Li

On 12/18/06, Li Chen <chen_li3 / yahoo.com> wrote:
> 1)But I am not sure how to write the processed data back to excel
> using parseexcel. What is the syntax for this?
ParseExcel does not write Excel files. For that you will have to use
the SpreadSheet::Excel library developed by Daniel Berger. I plan to
merge the two libraries in the future, but that will have to wait
until late 2007.

Both libraries are available here, or via gem install:
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=678

> 2) How to select a range
> of cells, for example, row1,column 1  to row 3,column 10  instead of
> whole columns or whole rows.
There are no methods that do directly what you want - you'll have to
do something like:
1.upto(3) do |row|
  1.upto(10) do |col|
    puts worksheet.cell(row, col)