--------------enig788C29770EF2BEA401EF864D

Jason Mayer wrote:
> This caught my eye: http://vruby.sourceforge.net/sample/traytest.rb
> It adds a system tray icon, modifies one, deletes the one created, among
> other things.  There's a comment in there about the added task tray icon
> not
> automagically deleting itself upon the window closing.  What I'm uncertain
> of, is how to go about fixing that.  Some of the other programs I was able
> to make minor changes too in order to make it look how I wanted, but this
> problem eludes me.  Can anyone suggest a way to modify the program in order
> to automagically check for task bar icons before closing the program?

Trap SIGINT in the UI setup? The closure should make this fairly
automagical if you don't mind the memory leak.

Also, no idea about vruby, but some other GUI toolkits I worked with
provide a window close hook. Search through the documentation for some
sort of "on close" event to handle on the main application window?
(Where you'd likely keep a reference to the tray icon.)

David Vallner