In article <20011022153110.1C96D39D8 / helium.ruby-lang.org>, "Ned Konz"
<ned / bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> Well, what do you want to do?

I guess that's the problem. I don't have anything specfic at the moment
that I can think of.  Looking at examples of what other people have done
with things often triggers ideas.

One thing I'm thinking about is something that would allow a keystroke to
open up myri (not sure whether it's still called that ... the GUI someone
wrote to sit on top of the interactive reference) to the right entry for
the function or class my cursor's on.

Of course, that's probably quite do-able without using ruby (I know
someone wrote a binding that just looks up ri at one point), but it would
be a place to start, I guess.

> So pretty much anything that you want to do, you can do (as far as I can
> tell). For instance, you could make an interactive development
> environment by tying into the debugger and/or irb via named pipes. Then
> you could map vi keystrokes to commands for the debugger.

I like the sound of that, but it's probably a bit of a stretch to attempt
as the first vim-ruby piece of coding :-).