I posted this three days ago... forgive my persistence,
but I can't believe *no one* is interested in this (in a
forum with a high geek quotient such as this one).

Come on, guys... being able to say "Ruby runs my
house" is a whole new level of coolness...  ;)

Original post below.

Hal

============================
Hello all...

I'm an enthusiast of a piece of home automation software
called HomeSeer (www.homeseer.com). Disclaimer: I'm
unrelated to them except as a customer.

By default it supports VBscript and Jscript... and people
have made Perl and Python work.

With arton's ActiveScriptRuby, I thought it should be
possible to get Ruby to work in HS also.

Rich Helmke (a HomeSeer developer) told me it was
easy from his end to add Ruby support... he sent me a
patched version for me to try.

I installed ASR and ran my patched executable. But I
couldn't run a Ruby program within it. No clue why.

arton (ASR author) was willing to help, but HS won't
run on a Japanese Windows system.

Rich @ HS was willing to help, but doesn't know Ruby.

Anyone interested in looking at this?

Hal