--------------enig385C86F4DBC3A2F518891780

Richard wrote:
> David Vallner wrote:
>> How would that be a desktop application?
>=20
> To us programmers it would be a web app with a local server,  but to
> the user it would be indistinguishable from, say, an application built
> with Visual C++ and Microsoft Foundation Classes running on a Windows
> OS.
>=20

Now -that- I want to see. Really. Odds are it Just Won't unless you only
render in IE with high security privileges and abuse ActiveX with
reckless abandon.

> Does that make sense to you?
>=20

As I'm generally not a fan of the heinous crimes commited in the name of
Ajax, I'd have to see the result for that to happen. Most of the
in-browser desktop mockups make me ask why not use Java Web Start /
ClickOnce / Flex anyway? DHTML still doesn't work fully reliably even
amongst standards-compliant browsers due to the W3C being too busy
reinventing the world in angle brackets and trying to force the shiny
markup language of the day down the throats of the whole ten people that
understand and need it instead of properly addressing Ajax (that
undoubtedly impacts more web users right now than the joke that is
XForms). And the dependencies for the above technologies aren't rocket
science to fullfill.

David Vallner