> > I tried converting my RubyConf PowerPoint presentation to HTML using that
> > program's "Save as Web Page" option and the results look pretty crappy. I
> > haven't looked at the results on any of the Linux browsers, but it looked
> > bad under Netscape 6.1 on Windows and so I'm guessing the results will be
> > similarly bad on any non-Microsoft web browser (I know, big shock there).
> > Is anyone aware of a free tool that does a decent job of converting
> > PP2000 slides to HTML or some other portable format (maybe PDF?)
>
> I've never tried this, but you could import it into StarOffice, which
> I think will save as HTML, and see if that's any better.
I have actually done that works fine.
The only thing I noted:  i.e. I have problems opening i.e. French Version PP
slides with StarOffice. If you upgrade to the latest StarOffice 6 (Beta or so)
this works fine.

I only use it on Linux. Good luck.
p.s. if all fails: print into PS (i.e. Apple-LaswerWriter)
and then use ImageMagick's convert to convert it into 1-jpg per page.

--
Armin.

Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com
                                          --Alan Kay