On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Phlip wrote:

> Robert Feldt wrote:
>
> > I think the concept of RuEdit is very cool but somehow feel it might take
> > some time before it will support the stuff I routinely use (auto-indent,
> > syntax color highlighting, dabbrev-expand, ...)
>
> Those who experienced the AmigaDOS shareware editor UEdit would have far
> less patience with vi.

I was a pretty competent Amiga programmer but seem to have missed
it...

> To address your concern, the longer I develop RuEdit the easier it will
> be to add very high-level commands to it, even things nobody ever
> thought of yet.

I encourage you to keep working at it; the concept seems powerful. You'll
probably win me over some day... ;-)

> > and it doesn't work very
> > well on Windows machines.
>
> I must bond early to either GTK or Tk. I'm unsure what my rationale was
> or if it was correct, but exceeding GEdit's feature set is a near-term
> goal.

Ok, no chance of a GUI abstraction layer?! I guess it cannot be done yet?
You didn't consider FXRuby?

Regards,

Robert