On 12/14/06, Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter / gmail.com> wrote:

>  Yes, that did it Paul.  Thanks.  I guess what baffled me was the fact that
> it was giving the path all the way to the library to say it wasn't there.

It was giving you the path to the FXRuby extension's shared library
(in your case, /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/i486-linux/fox16.so), and
Ruby did know where to find that file. What it couldn't find was
/usr/local/lib/libFOX-1.6.so, which is a dependency of the former. The
information that Paul provided corrected that latter problem.

This is discussed in the FXRuby User's Guide, here:

    http://www.fxruby.org/doc/build.html#tragedies

Hope this helps,

Lyle

P.S. Thanks, Paul!