Hello,

I'm still developing TUI in ruby and I have came across problem
with ruby-mode.el syntax hilighting, so I have updated to version
in snapshot:
;;;  ruby-mode.el -
   ;;;
      ;;;  $Author: matz $
         ;;;  $Date: 2001/10/16 03:27:23 $
            ;;;  created at: Fri Feb  4 14:49:13 JST 1994
               ;;;

                     (defconst ruby-mode-revision "$Revision: 1.35 $")

[snip]

this solved one problem with regexp but showed another problem
later in source that can be simplified to this valid ruby program:

sign="?"
puts sign

Line with question mark in the string causes syntax hilighting problem
for next lines. It does the same for single-quotes too.
It appears to happen when the string ends with question mark.

I have looked at ruby-mode.el to see where the error is but
not being a emacs-lisp hacker I didn't found anything related.

My emacs version:
GNU Emacs 20.7.1 (i386-mandrake-linux-gnu) of Tue Apr  3 2001 on
bi.mandrakesoft.com

I usually use emacs under linux console (where hilighting does not work,
in this version) so it is not top issue for me.

Jakub Travnik,
ICQ: 66770334