--------------enig2794C5B87AD68CF9346CBEC9

Peter Szinek wrote:
> paragraphs =3D doc/'p'
>=20
> good_elems =3D paragraphs.map.reject {|elem|  ((elem/"img").empty?) }

Which once again makes me wish paragraphs =3D doc/'//p[img]/text()'
worked. This could be doable if you asked Hpricot to provide you with
the REXML document (it's probably out of scope for the intendedly simple
XPath engine Hpricot uses natively), but unfortunately I can't for the
heck of it figure out how to make REXML accept the final /text(), even
though the parser claims to support XPath 1.0 except a few exceptions,
that one not being noted.

David Vallner