Hi --

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Christian Neukirchen wrote:

> "Martin DeMello" <martindemello / gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> (1..10).map &lambda {|i| i*2}
>> => [2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20]
>
> David, do you want to allow  (1..10).map(:*, 2)  ?

I don't particularly want to allow map(:anything) :-)  I was just
somewhat surprised to see the idea return in a slightly new form,
since Matz had rejected it a while ago.

If I were designing map(:name), I don't think I'd want it to take
arguments.  But I have no technical grounds for saying so, only
aesthetic ones.

David

--
Q. What's a good holiday present for the serious Rails developer?
    aka The Ruby book for Rails developers!