On 12/13/06, Eduardo Yez Parareda <eduardo.yanezNOSPAM / nospamgmail.com> wrote:
> Hehe, sorry again. I've reading documentation of this library and already know
> about method option. But I still don't get authenticated, I get this error from
> the library (using get_operation_result):
>
> #<OpenStruct message="No Such Object", code=32>
>
> Does it mean that I get connected to Ldap but the user wasn't found? or I didn't connect at all?

Are you using the latest version of Net::LDAP?

Try this very simple code, apart from Rails:

ldap = Net::LDAP.new( :host => ldap_server_ip_address, :port =>
ldap_server_port, :auth => {:method => :simple, :username =>
"eduardo", :password => ****} )
p ldap.bind

32 is a very unusual result from an LDAP bind. It may mean that your
server requires SASL authentication, which is partly supported in the
very latest versions of Net::LDAP.