Hi --

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Daniel Berger wrote:

> ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> given that this will work all over the place, it's doubtfull that it will be
>> more obsure than a special case for map, since people will use the idiom all
>> over the place.
>
> I doubt it.  My feeling, based on the posts I've seen on the topic over
> the last couple of years, is that most people just want it for map and
> select.

I hope you're right.  I dislike it not only for its line-noise
qualities (I know I can't be *too* squeamish about that), but also
because it seems like a stretch to characterize it as a conversion
from a Symbol to a Proc.  Maybe I'll get used to it (or maybe other
people won't :-)

David

--
Q. What's a good holiday present for the serious Rails developer?
    aka The Ruby book for Rails developers!