Steven Quinones-Colon wrote:

> I've been looking for a couple of days now and I can't find a library
> for svg graphics with a canvas object so I can make a financial
> charting application(stand alone, not web based), is there such a
> thing? maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Most of the available GUI libraries support graphics. I have been using the
Qt library for this sort of thing, and the graphics are quite acceptable:

http://localhost/ruby/graphinity/index.html

http://localhost/ruby/gravity/index.html

I have only used the Qt library, there are several others, most of them
offer this sort of graphic library. It's not necessary to create a GUI in
order to use the graphic libraries they offer.

If you were planning to create a GUI to go along with your graphic images,
then this approach makes even more sense.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com