Hi,

>> My idea also includes, that you have _nothing_ do with the 'database',
>> which is handles by Og (silently).  To use a database is merely a way
>> to structure data, which Og does quite nicely.

> I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of DBAs voices
> cried out in terror and then were silenced.

I wonder who silenced them. ;)

> But in the context, I'll admit it's a Good Enough (tm) first approach.
> SQL is one of the few programming languages I'm likely to routinely use
> as part of my job that's actually interesting, so I'm biased in favour
> of overrating databases ;)

Well...  I'm not sure if a database is the right way to 'log' virus
occurances, but I try to be helpful.  :P
But seeing as this data is used to present (as a table) to someone, this
actually has it's use.  Not that I would want looking at 1000 entries of
'no virus' found...  But that's another story. :P

As for databases... well, I didn't want to hurt any feelings.  ;D
I feel similar about SQL, but if it's a simple task like the one in the
original context...  A simple task calls for a simple answer imho. :P

Have a nice day, everyone :)