On 13.12.2006 02:29, Can Ceran wrote:
> What kind of storage binding is used in Ruby, as far as I understand
> there are no static variables (i'm not sure again), then Ruby uses both
> stack-dynamic and heap-dynamic variables or just stack-dynamic?

Objects are *always* on the heap (there are special cases like Fixnums
but it's simplest to think of all objects on the heap).  Method
parameters and local *variables* are on the stack and methods are called
by value - although the value is an object reference (like a C function
having only pointer arguments).  Consequently instance variables and
class variables are located on the heap (as part of an object).

Kind regards

	robert