On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Nathan Baker wrote:

> * How are you suggesting we use mmap to solve this problem? If there is a
> way that we could just take all the data in one big binary chunk, represent
> it with a string, and send it over the wire, that would be excellent.
> However, again it seems to me that pointers provide a problem.

the is no automatic solution for c serializtion.  you have to code that your
self.  you have to setup code to marshal and un-marshal your object and it has
to be custom.  the data send part, however, can be dealt with fairly easily.

> Thanks for the suggestions. But I'm still not sure how this solves our
> problem in the general sense (obviously if we were just trying to support a
> single piece of C code then this problem could be solved more specifically).
> Code examples for the C side would be especially appreciated, since we're
> less familiar with that aspect.

contact me offline - i'd post an example but i'm thinking 100 lines of c code
is a bit off-topic!

kind regards.

-a
--
if you find yourself slandering anybody, first imagine that your mouth is
filled with excrement.  it will break you of the habit quickly enough. - the