Yeah, things like QuickVerse, Logos, and Zondervan's software use
them.  I know one free software program (e-Sword) has managed to
figure out the STEP format, but I don't know if any progress has been
made on Pradis.  They're very stingy with their formats (i.e., they're
totally lame and proprietary), but it might be a fun project...

--Jeremy