    Massimiliano> I'm using rubyunit and it is my first experience
    Massimiliano> with unit testing in general.  I'd like to hear some
    Massimiliano> opinions on a simple style matter.

    Massimiliano> I've seen three styles of writing the class that
    Massimiliano> does the testing:

    Massimiliano> 1) [attach_setup]
    Massimiliano> 2) [factory method]
    Massimiliano> 3) [inline]

    Massimiliano> Aside from the readability in example 3), that
    Massimiliano> however could go down as the test goes up in setup
    Massimiliano> requirements, are there significant advantages to
    Massimiliano> one way over the others?

Start with the simpliest, style 3).  As you add tests, you will notice
common code being repeated.  At that point, refactor your tests so
that the common code can be captured in a setup function or a factory
method.  Don't try to anticipate generalities, wait until they
actually occur.

At least that's how I try to do it.