On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 02:05:05PM +0900, muraii / yahoo.com wrote:

> Ruby installed into /usr/local/bin/, and responds to "$ ruby -v"; but
> when I type only "$ ruby", it hangs.  I don't imagine it's properly

Are you sure it's really hanging? Maybe it's just waiting for your
input.

Type this when it hangs:

puts 'Hello world!'

Press <Return> and Ctrl-D. See if it works.

By the way, since you use Slackware, if you want to compile ruby (or any
software) from source, I suggest you use checkinstall so uninstalling or
upgrading will be easier.

Thanks,
Lei Ming