Hello all,

I am developing a SOAP server running on a Windows XP machine.  When
contacted from the outside, it will launch a windows executable at the
command line.  The problem is this executable takes a long time.  When I
would block on the SOAP call I would get a time out error on the client
end, as one would expect.

So when I put the command in a thread it would still cause a timeout
even though it would pass the point of executing the command line app.
It still seems that the method inside the SOAP::RPC::StandaloneServer
blocks until all the threads clear.

I've also tried using the windows "start" command to kick this thing
off.  But again, the method blocks until the windows app finishes.

I also tried using exec("my_app.exe") if fork.nil?  In that case the
SOAP meothd returns to the client but the windows app is prematurely cut
off before finishing.

Essentially, I need something along the lines of "command &" from unix
for windows.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Snowdall