Trevor Elliott schrieb:
> Patrick,
>
> I read into it, and it looks like you never connect htmlview and document.
>  If you add this somewhere after document is created, I would think it
> would help... I'm not sure of the syntax on this one, given that the
> article you referenced seems to do things just slightly differently.  I
> assumed the underscore, just because it's Ruby, but I could be wrong...
>
> htmlview.set_document(document)
>
> I even read through all the code this time, and feel that this is a valid
> suggestion :)

yes, that's it! thanks :-). it works fine now, i just forgot to connect
the document. the following both lines do the same thing (just for the
archive):

htmlview.set_document(document)
htmlview.document = document

thanks again and if you will be in germany one time, i'll get you a
coffee or a tea if you wish :-)

patrick