Hi --

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, chen li wrote:

>> Problem: The library 'pp' cannot produce the result
>> you want.
>>
>> Solution: don't use 'pp'. Instead, write an
>> additional line of code.
>
> But how to explain it works when the column number is
> less than 10? Is it a bug for 'pp' library?

See Eric Hodel's reply, and my follow-up.  pp has a default width of
79 characters.  If your array (or subarray) is too long in characters,
it will be printed in that vertical way.

Try this:

   PP.pp(array, $>, 1000)

David

--
Q. What's a good holiday present for the serious Rails developer?
    aka The Ruby book for Rails developers!