Hello, I'm quite new to this whole Ruby malarky and I'm having some real
trouble with more intermediate features.
You will probally laugh at how simple this stuff is but I really can't
figure it out. The online manuals are all written with the expert in
mind and trial and error doesn't really work as it does with less
complex stuff.

What I'm wanting to do is read a text file and then do some stuff to it.
So...:

1: How do I use the 'source' command to read the file into somewhere
usable?
I'm wanting to do stuff to each line of the file individually once I
have it.

2: How do I apply a regular expression to the lines of the file?

The most I can get right now is reading the file in and printing it out.
Its just errors galore trying to figure out anything more....