In article <200110201246.f9KCkW104509 / moulon.inra.fr>, "ts"
<decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote:

>  How do you distinguish these 2 cases ?
>
>    a = defn
>    {1 => 2}.size
>
>    a = defn { 12 }.size

Another good reason for me not to be hacking the interpreter :-).

Don't worry, I understand why things work the way they do; I just find it
frustrating ... I think.  Basically, a logical entitry is intended to sit on
a single line, except where some syntactic token points to it continuing
on subsequent lines (like "do" or a comma, etc.).

It saves a bit of typing and presumably makes the parser easier.

There's no point in me trying to work around it, really.  As I say, it's
just frustrating, because I like to see those braces line up.  Let's face
it, given how fantastic everything else is, there's no way this would put
anyone off the language !!

In any case, I just stick a backslash at the end of the line if I really
can't live without my layout.