Hi Charles.

On Dec 10, 10:54 am, Charles Oliver Nutter <charles.nut... / sun.com>
wrote:

> You should definitely try it with JRuby, since you won't have the hassle
> of either a bridge or an "ant server". There's already projects in the
> works to make ant easier using Ruby (the antbuilder project hosted in
> the jruby-extras project on rubyforge, for example), and I'm super
> interested in making Rake work with Ant tasks for building Java code.
> It's a perfect combination.

Thanks Charles, I'll look into it. At this point, I may restart the
conversation again in the jruby-user mailing list. I've made some
experiences with JRuby in the past (I've used it to script a live java
application some years ago, I'm not even sure it was release 0.7
already and I've even contributed a tiny bit to it) and I'm sure that a
lot of things have changed in these years.
By the way, given that JRuby now is already capable of executing rake
scripts, it is then just a matter of trying to drive antbuilder through
rake tasks executed in JRuby, correct?

Can you tell me something about rake speed in JRuby?

> All Ruby objects are Java objects, and so are handled by the JVM. JRuby
> also has true native threading instead of green threads. There are no
> object or GC-related issues.

That's very good to hear, thanks.

Giuliano