Is anyone interested in getting more information about the internal
stack than you get from the global function "caller?"  If so, please
look at:

    http://yagni.com/stack_frames/index.php

It's a patch to add a "stack_frames" global function to Ruby.
stack_frames returns an array of objects with detailed information
about the call stack.

Matzu told me that there was a similar patch perhaps 8 months ago that was posted to ruby-talk, but I couldn't find it.  If anyone has a URL for that, I'd sure appreciate it -- I'd like to look at what was done before.

I'm interested in feedback:

    Good idea or not?

    Does the test pass on your machine?  It was a difficult test to
    write.

    What are better names for things?  I'm not crazy about any of the
    names.

    What fields should be included that I left out?

    What fields did I include that should be left out?

    Do the accessors return the types you expected?

Thanks!

    Wayne Conrad