Hi Meinrad,
Thank you very much for your help.
Where would i put the message handler:
  @topwin.handle(@button,
FXSEL(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT),
nil)
Would i put it inside the button_ok.connect method?

FX::Button.new(@verticalframe7){|w|
                 @button_ok=w
                 w.wdg_name='button_ok'
                 w.text="Ok"
                 w.width=21
                 w.y=4
                 w.height=21
                 w.layoutHints=40
                 w.x=26
                 w.selector=FX::DialogBox::ID_QUIT

                 @button_ok.connect(Fox::SEL_COMMAND){
                 lat = textfield_lat.text
                 lon = textfield_lon.text
                 heading =textfield_heading.text
                 @topwin.handle(@button,
FXSEL(Fox::SEL_COMMAND,Fox::FXDialogBox::ID_ACCEPT),
nil)
        }
  }

Thanks again!
Eduardo

--- Meinrad Recheis <meinrad.recheis / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/8/06, e aldaz <ardhazes / yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Dear All
> >
> > I am new to FOX and FoxGUIb. I have found FoxGUIb
> very
> > useful and I have created an application with
> menus,
> > one of which calls a DialogBox for the user to
> enter
> > some values. After finishing the user will press
> OK to
> > save data.
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't know how to let the
> > DialogBox know tha tonce the OK button is pressed
> it
> > should exit. It seems I need to send message
> ID_ACCEPT
> > to some recipient (not sure which) when the button
> OK
> > is clicked? But no idea how to do that with the
> code
> > that is generated by FoxGUIb as the button is
> created
> > in a different way to what I have seen in the
> examples
> > in the web, and I have no idea how to relate them
> (
> > I'm afraid I haven't really understood the
> FXButton
> > API)
>
> me neither ;) ... there are some very hackish things
> that make the use
> of fox toolkit not as easy as it could be.
>

> > The dialog box examples I have seen do something
> like
> > the following:
> >
> >    # Accept
> >     accept = FXButton.new(buttons, "&Accept", nil,
> > self, ID_ACCEPT,

FRAME_RAISED|FRAME_THICK|LAYOUT_RIGHT|LAYOUT_CENTER_Y)