...and David attended the Ruby conference.  David's SmallScript VM is more interesting in more than just architecture (which I believe is incredible).  He is looking to support multiple languages atop the VM.  Microsoft's CLR does not currently meet the needs that dynamic languages (such as Ruby) impose.  We had some interesting talks about support for Ruby on the SmallScript VM.

As Matz works toward the next-generation bytecode-based Ruby (Rite), I hope David's VM is seriously evaluated as a base platform.

-Rich Kilmer