Thanks. Downloading the new Apple Dev tools let me build ruby, but I
had the same experience as you building curses. When I built ruby on
macos 10.0, I wasn't able to build curses, so I just pulled the curses
lib out of ext and everything else built. Now, however, I can't build
anything in the ext directory. They all fail with that
"-two_levelnamespace" error.

So I can't use socket ;(.

Anyone out there know what's going on?

Thanks again,