As outlined on http://yaml4r.sourceforge.net/doc/ I triesd setting some
options in the hash passed to .to_yaml and nothing seems to be making
any difference:

out_file.puts newmaster.to_yaml(:SortKeys => true)

newmaster is a hash and the output is definitely not being sorted.
Unfortunately using newmaster.sort.to_yaml changes the structure of the
yaml being output significantly (seeing as it is converted to and array
of arrrays) and that is not desirable).  Can anyone shed some light on
this?  I am using vanilla 1.8.4 install on windows and presumably the
YAML.rb that shipped with that because I haven't installed anything
separately.

Cheers.