On Sun, 2001-10-21 at 06:48, Michael&Steven Crossland wrote:
> I'm new to programming and I was told that Ruby was EZ.
> But I know no programming at all and the on line book for the newes take on
> Ruby,
> I don't understand it as far as I can tell It would be cool to know,
> But I need some help.
> If anyone out there can help with getting started I would be so happy.

Sounds like a guinea pig for the "Little Lisper"-style Ruby book that
was being discussed a little while back.

Does anyone know if there are any "Ruby for Non-Programmers" books in
the works besides that one?  Has anyone considered doing a Ruby port of
"Thinking Like a Computer Scientist"?  I've only glanced over it, but it
seems like a good intro to programming; and it's already available in (I
think) C++, Java, and Python versions.

~Avdi