I've started to look around on online tutorials, presentations etc for
input, and I've started bouncing ideas around my head.

______________________
#1: Paper documents

When I first followed a Python course thru the PVV, one of the things
that I've kept is the printed up material provided at the course. As
much as the wonderful book by Thomas and Hunt is on the web, I believe
that the "hands on" material newbies get is very important to keep them
interested until they buy a book.
	The Python course material was basically the Python Quick Reference +
overheads from the course itself. Despite the chaotic nature of the
quick ref, I've kept it and dug it out every time I've done semi-serious
with Python.
	Are there any quick overview documents similar in nature to the Python
Quick Reference ( http://www.brunningonline.net/simon/python/PQR.html )
that can be printed easily and legally? (Not that Ruby needs it as much,
of course ;-)

______________________
#2: Similar work...

The goal of the course, is to try to grab the students that are
relatively new to programming and have just started learning Java here
at university, and also catering to the more seasoned hackers who want
to try a bite of Ruby.
	I've been looking around abit on tutorials, presentation etc for
inspiration and ideas where to begin, but I haven't yet seen anything
that addresses a similar audience.

______________________
#3: Advertising

A while back there was some posts on a "motto" for Ruby, and various
slogans... "Human-Oriented Programming" and such.
	I was hoping to combine one of the logos and a motto or slogan into
something more eye-catching and ensnaring than the usual
programming-course posters here at univ. Anyone tried something like
this? (And yes, I'll try to avoid succumbing to using Ruby-chan...)

My first efforts go towards a "telepathic" theme, with a face outline
and computer outline face-to-screen, with interjoined thought and speak
bubbles. Standard PR tricks with emphasising the words "telepathy",
"computer" and "you" in a sentence below stating "Telepathy between your
computer and you is not yet possible, but with Ruby you come close to
talking the same language as your computer than ever before." ... but
this may be too geeky.
	I'll bounce other "propaganda poster" ideas here, in search of
constructive critique.

______________________
#4: Syntax Colouring

Now I know of ruby-mode.el for Emacs, but I was wondering if there are
any tools for making syntax coloured HTML of Ruby code? (Doesn't need to
be HTML either, any commonly supported format would be nice)
....I don't like having to relying too much on the facilities where I
hold presentations, so ruby-mode.el won't do the trick.

______________________
#5: Readability gimmick

I have this overwhelming inclination of writing the entire presentation
in Ruby to show its readability.
	Ruby.is_a?( ScriptingLanguage )
	Ruby.is_a?( ObjectOrientedLanguage )
	Ruby.learned_from( SmallTalk )
Please hit me over the head with why that is a bad idea...

.... any input appreciated ...

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )____(stud.techn.;ind.шл.data)||(softwareDeveloper.at(Trustix))_(