Hello,

I have a problem while parsing an RSS file. I try to open a URL via
open-uri and it usually works fine, but with the RSS URLs from ccMixter
I get a parse error. It's a bit strange because if i download the file
and try to open it, it works fine.

I tried:
rss =
RSS::Parser.parse("http://ccmixter.org/media/api/query?score=400&sinceu=1157536651&limit=25&tags=remix+editorial_pick&rand=1&format=rss",false)

And got:
RSS::NotWellFormedError: This is not well formed XML
Missing end tag for 'html' (got "head")
Line:
Position:
Last 80 unconsumed characters:
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rss/rexmlparser.rb:24:in `_parse'
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rss/parser.rb:163:in `parse'
         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rss/parser.rb:78:in `parse'
         from (irb):43

If i save the file and try to open it, it works fine:
rss = RSS::Parser.parse("query",false)

Imho there should be no difference between open a local file or an URL.

Thanks for all the help I got the last days from this list,
  Patrick