I was able to build ruby-1.6.5, make ruby. It passed make test. I was not
able to make all, the curses library would not build do to
-two_levelnamespace. If someone could tell what the need for the curses
would be and was there anything to make after that?

1: I think you need to download from apple the devtools there, the one
that came with 5G64 apparently, does not work.

2. Download the dlcompat package from gnuosx.(They are slower than ...)
libdl has dlopen. Why it doesn't supply dlfcn.h, I don't know?

3. I had to build my own dlfcn.h, that I found with sherlock and modified
from the man pages. dlfcn.h must have been there with 10.0!
/*
  * dlfcn.h --
  *
  *	This file provides a replacement for the header file "dlfcn.h"
  *	on systems where dlfcn.h is missing.  It's primary use is for
  *	AIX, where Tcl emulates the dl library.
  *
  *	This file is subject to the following copyright notice, which is
  *	different from the notice used elsewhere in Tcl but rougly
  *	equivalent in meaning.
  *
  *	Copyright (c) 1992,1993,1995,1996, Jens-Uwe Mager, Helios Software GmbH
  *	Not derived from licensed software.
  *
  *	Permission is granted to freely use, copy, modify, and redistribute
  *	this software, provided that the author is not construed to be liable
  *	for any results of using the software, alterations are clearly marked
  *	as such, and this notice is not modified.
  *
  * RCS: @(#) $Id: dlfcn.h,v 1.2 1998/09/14 18:39:44 stanton Exp $
  */

/*
  * @(#)dlfcn.h	1.4 revision of 95/04/25  09:36:52
  * This is an unpublished work copyright (c) 1992 HELIOS Software GmbH
  * 30159 Hannover, Germany
  */

#ifndef __dlfcn_h__
#define __dlfcn_h__
/*
#ifndef _TCL
#include <tcl.h>
#endif
*/
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

/*
  * Mode flags for the dlopen routine.
  */
#define RTLD_LAZY	1	/* lazy function call binding */
#define RTLD_NOW	2	/* immediate function call binding */
#define RTLD_GLOBAL	0x100	/* allow symbols to be global */

/*
  * To be able to intialize, a library may provide a dl_info structure
  * that contains functions to be called to initialize and terminate.
  */
/*
struct dl_info {
	void (*init) _ANSI_ARGS_((void));
	void (*fini) _ANSI_ARGS_((void));
};

VOID *dlopen _ANSI_ARGS_((const char *path, int mode));
VOID *dlsym _ANSI_ARGS_((void *handle, const char *symbol));
char *dlerror _ANSI_ARGS_((void));
int dlclose _ANSI_ARGS_((void *handle));
*/

void  *dlopen(const char *, int);
/*
void  *dlsym(void *, const char *);