Michael Neumann <neumann / s-direktnet.de> writes:

> A HOWTO is available at:
>
>   http://www.fantasy-coders.de/ruby/compile_mysql_cygwin.html
>
> A precompiled version of mysql.so is available at:
>
>   http://www.fantasy-coders.de/ruby/mysql.so.gz

I have followed the HOWTO, but still no luck. Some details: I didn't build
mysql, I just installed the binary (3.23.41). It seems to be working fine. I
built mysql-ruby-2.4 (below is my extconf.rb). I didn't apply the mysql.c patch
b/c it appears to already have been patched -- ie., that line is already in
mysql.c. When I run the mysql test, I get the "dlopen: Win32 error 1157" that
Horst mentioned. I also tried using Michael's precompiled binary, in which case
I got:  Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
(MysqlError)

If we can get this sorted out, I'll be happy to contribute more instructions for
the HOWTO...

thanks!

require 'mkmf'
MYSQLDIR = "/c/mysql"

incdir = with_config("mysql-include-dir")
if incdir then
  $CFLAGS += "-I#{incdir}"
else
  $CFLAGS = "-I#{MYSQLDIR}/include"