"Vivek Nallur" <nvivek / konark.ncst.ernet.in> wrote in message
news:Pine.WNT.4.33.0110201057110.592-100000 / vajra...

> > >And VIM now has Ruby as a macro language as well, allowing the same
kind of
> > >evaluation, etc. easily.
> > >

> > How does one access this feature in VIM?
>
> :cal SetSyn("ruby") should do it.
>
> cheers
> Vivek
This would just set syntax highlighting for ruby I'd guess although the
capital S indicates SetSyn is a user
defined function which is probably local to your site.
No, to use ruby to script vim first to :help ruby and read it then make sure
your  vim is compiled with ruby
scripting enabled to do this do :version and look for an option which should
be:
-ruby             ruby scripting disabled
+ruby            ruby scripting enabled, interpreter is statically linked in
exe
+ruby/dyn     ruby scripting enabled if an interpreter lib can be
dynamically loaded.

If ruby is disabled then it depends on your platform, if you are on a *ix
type os use
  --enable-rubyinterp     in configure.
otherwise if on win32 you can edit the makefile you are using (at least for
mingw32 type
compilation)
Benoit