REXML 1.0a9 is now available for download at:

   http://www.germane-software.com/~ser/software/rexml

Changes since 1.0a8:
Namespace support was buggy. Oliver gave me some good
information, and made me read the Namespace sub-spec. Now namespaces should
be working properly. Note that this forced another API change, albeit a
relatively minor one. What was namespace() is now prefix(), and what was
namespace_uri() is now namespace(). This conforms better to the Namespace
spec. A bug in attribute handling that was introduced in 1.0a8 has been
fixed. Thanks to Steve Lumos(?) for identifying this bug.

This release will not be announced on RAA or Freshmeat.  If this version
passes muster, it will be tagged as 1.0b.  The beta will last a week or so,
with only bugfixes for changes.  1.0 will then be released within the next
two weeks.  The next major release will be 1.1, which will include serial
parsing.

--- SER