Avdi B. Grimm wrote:

> On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 09:31, jweirich / one.net wrote:
>
>>During the discussion of Pete's talk at RubyConf, the idea of turtle
>>graphics for Ruby came up.  I played around with this idea During
>>OOPLSA and came up with some initial code and managed to demo it
>>during the Ruby Birds of a Feather talk.  Essentially, it will allow
>>you to do stuff like the following (in irb)...
>>

> Would somebody mind enlightening me as to what "turtle graphics" are?
> Thanks.
>
> ~Avdi

A simple picture-drawing language used to introduce children to programming.

Generally taught in grade school, and as I am only in high school now, I

remember it all too well :)  One guided a little "turtle" which was really

a placemarker for a pen.  You gave commands like "fd 10" (to move forward

10 places) or "rt 90" (to turn right 90 degrees).

Look at

http://www.engin.umd.umich.edu/CIS/course.des/cis400/logo/logo.html

--
Ryan Tarpine, rtarpine / hotmail.com