benjohn / fysh.org wrote:
> Looking at the tool, do you actually find that at all useful? :) It's
> kind of fun, but does it help you to see what's going on?

it's helpful to see what's going on. also great for
a quick test of algorithms, it's like an algorithm theatre ;-)

>I wonder if
> you'd be better off with a normal graphical debugger (Komodo, for Ruby,
> say.)

Komodo ain't free. I'm looking for a free tool.
Are there free graphical debuggers around for ruby ?!

>They usually give much the same kind of information about the
> virtual machine's states, but don't act out an animated story of how
> those changes occur.

working with eclipse, i know the benefits of a debugger,
but the RDT plugins are not the same level as the JDT yet.

Regards, Gilbert