nephish wrote:

> Lo there all.
>
> I have been giving some thought to moving to SQLite from MySQL. We are
> moving our site from php to rails for what we call "the big rewrite"
> and since these changes are going on. I really like that SQLite is
> stored in flat files that can easily be moved around, like from one
> computer to a backup computer.

FWIW, MySQL also can create portable flat files, if that is how you have set
up your database. I have a rather large set of databases for various
purposes, and I can easily export them all into a convenient, plain-text,
flat file format. This depends on what sort of database you have, whether
it exploits advanced database features.

Also, MySQL's native database format is also quite portable, without taking
any conversion steps.

This is only one observation, it doesn't address any of your other
discussion points.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com