On 12/4/06, Daniel Berger <djberg96 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Pearl wrote:
> Does the OP mention *which* use cases Rake doesn't cover?  I'd be
> curious to know.

In another thread, the author (Dr. Russel Winder) mentions the
building of LaTeX books:

"SCons supports this with builders that come as
standard with the distribution.  Rake appears to have no ready-made
builders of any sort so I ended up writing my own functions to do the
job.  Rant appears also not to have any ready-made support for LaTeX but
appears to have a more sophisticated view of things than Rake."

http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/make-cafe/2006-August/000083.html

-Chris